The Customer Immersion Experience: What it Is and Why It’s Awesome
A Customer Immersion Experience is a fantastic way to get hands-on experience with various Microsoft products and services. But what exactly is it? Who should undertake one? When is it appropriate to do a Customer Immersion Experience? Why should it be done? And where does it happen?
In this blog, we’ll answer the “5 W’s” of the Customer Immersion Experience. Plus, check out some details from a recent Customer Immersion Experience that ProServeIT did for one of our clients!
Interested in conducting your own Customer Immersion Experience? Talk to our experts about where you are on this journey, and we’ll help you get started!
Who Conducts a Customer Immersion Experience?
To get the most from your Customer Immersion Experience, you need to have a Microsoft-approved facilitator, like ProServeIT, who will walk you through your ‘day in the life’ scenario.
What is the Microsoft Customer Immersion Experience?
A Customer Immersion Experience is meant to let you experience what the Microsoft Cloud productivity suite has to offer and give you a high-level overview of the features of various Microsoft technologies, like Office 365, Skype for Business, Windows 10, Dynamics CRM, SharePoint, Exchange, and much more. Walking you through “a day in the life of…”, your trained facilitator will lead you in discovering the right solutions that will work for your environment, and show you how these technologies will be able to help you embrace productivity in your organization.
One thing that you don’t need to worry about during this Customer Immersion Experience is a sales pitch. There’s absolutely no pressure to buy anything that you’re trying out. It’s simply a way to explore your options in a pressure-free, relaxed environment and delve into various technologies that you may not have otherwise considered.
When Should You Undertake a Customer Immersion Experience?
You should consider undertaking it if the following applies:
- You want to explore new opportunities and new technologies.
- You’re considering a new contract and deciding which provider to go with.
- Your current Microsoft contract is coming up for renewal.
- You haven’t deployed the latest Microsoft products in your current Microsoft environment.
Where Does the Customer Immersion Experience Take Place?
To get the maximum benefit from your Customer Immersion Experience, you should be holding the session at your nearest Microsoft facility. Although alternate arrangements can be made to do the demonstration at another location, we don’t recommend this. Microsoft has the best infrastructure to host the Customer Immersion Experience, with dedicated rooms and equipment to make this experience comfortable and enjoyable for your entire team.
Why Should You Engage In a Customer Immersion Experience?
Here are the top five reasons to engage in a Customer Immersion Experience:
1. A Customer Immersion Experience can help you understand the platform and how it was designed to be utilized in your organization.
2. Engaging in a Customer Immersion Experience allows a “try before you buy” scenario.
3. A Customer Immersion Experience is a chance to explore and understand your deployment options before investing in them.
4. A Customer Immersion Experience is a risk-free opportunity to look at potential options that you may not have previously considered.
5. A basic Customer Immersion Experience doesn’t cost you anything*!
* There is no cost for the high-level introductory overview. If you want a more in-depth look at some of the products, or assistance with specific tasks (i.e. help with encryption policies, recommendations on how to set up a product, etc.), a paid engagement is possible, which will take into consideration your unique needs.
How a Customer Immersion Experience Helped Our Customer:
One of ProServeIT’s customers, a religious organization, recently expressed an interested in reviewing and understanding the capabilities of their Office 365 Cloud suite of products. This organization required an in-depth, customized program to help their staff gain familiarity and comfort in using the tools within their Office 365 suite.
Because it was to be highly customized, ProServeIT put together a paid engagement for this customer. We created two 3-hour training sessions that provided them with the holistic overview they were looking for from an end-user perspective, but also delved much deeper into some specific features and settings for some of the technology in the Office 365 stack.
In these interactive training sessions, our experts walked the staff through the Office 365 Cloud platform, including an in-depth look at the tools and products within the suite, like email messaging, Skype for Business, OneDrive and SharePoint (and the differences between the two). This engagement also showed them a full SharePoint walkthrough to understand how they could set up their SharePoint site. We also organized a full overview of the various Office 365 applications, like Sway, Teams, OneNote, Delve, Yammer, and Flow.
Start Your Customer Immersion Experience Today!
Does this sound like something that could benefit you? Are you interested in conducting your own Customer Immersion Experience for your staff? Get in touch with our experts, who can help you get started! We'll take the time to learn more about your organization’s unique needs, then provide our recommendations on how you can book your own Customer Immersion Experience today!