Where does MS Power BI Embedded fit in with your organizational needs? Let's say you and your team have built some beautiful MS Power BI reports, and now you'd like to share those with your staff, clients, vendors, or suppliers. The question becomes, what are your options?
- You could buy an MS Power BI Pro license for each report consuming user. Or,
- You could use MS Power BI Embedded.
In this blog, we’ll show you what Microsoft Power BI Embedded is, what you need to know to determine if Power BI Embedded is right for you, and how you can get started using it.
So, What is MS Power BI Embedded?
MS Power BI Embedded is a set of services that allow you to display Power BI reports, dashboards, or just single visualizations within your own application, or even within SharePoint and/or Microsoft Teams. This means that you can connect to hundreds of Cloud and on-premises data sources within MS Power BI, create appealing and interactive visuals, dashboards, and reports, and then display those within your organizations applications and websites with minimal code and development.
Different MS Power BI Embedded Options
There are 3 different SKU series available for MS Power BI Embedded:
- P-series SKU (Premium)
- mainly for Enterprises that want a full featured Business Intelligence platform. It is more expensive than the other options.
- EM-series SKU (Embedded)
- similar to the P-series SKU, but you can't share content via the online Power BI service. The lower tiers are currently difficult to purchase (requires a volume license agreement).
- A-series SKU (Azure)
- purchased via an Azure subscription. Provides flexibile pause, scale-up, and scale-down functionality with no monthly or yearly commitment. Can only embed within a custom application.
Click here for a full breakdown of the different features available for each SKU series.
Deciding if Power BI Embedded is Right For You
Here are a few questions to help you decide if MS Power BI Embedded is the right move for your organization:
- Are you sharing your reports with more than 70 users?
- Are your reports only being viewed at certain times of the day/month/year?
- Do you have a custom application that you'd like your reports to show up in?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then MS Power BI Embedded is the right option for you.
Get Started with MS Power BI Embedded Today
If your answers to the questions in the decision points above lead you to believe that Power BI Embedded is right for your organization, or if you just want to learn more about Power BI Embedded, drop us a line today. Our team of Data & Analytics experts will be happy to schedule a demo or a tutorial session.