Exchange 2013 Email Solution
Built to deliver the enterprise-grade security and reliability that businesses require, Microsoft Exchange 2013 provides email, calendar and contacts on all of your information platforms: desktop, laptop, smartphone and from the Internet via a web browser.
Exchange 2013 is the powerful back-end server that provides central storage and management of your corporate email. Users can access their emails locally via Microsoft Outlook, a component of the industry-standard Microsoft Office 2013.
Internet access is supported on a variety of browsers, including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Chrome, allowing your staff to work and collaborate no matter where they are.
Exchange supports mobile sync to hundreds of smart devices, including Windows Phone, iPhone, iPad and Android, meaning you can access and update your info while on the go.
Multi-layered anti-spam filtering with continuous updates helps guard against spam and phishing threats.
A new, unified approach to high availability and disaster recovery helps your business achieve increased levels of reliability.
Previous versions of Exchange can be upgraded to the latest version in a stable and protected manner ensuring that no information will be lost of compromised.
- A greater choice of storage hardware options, including Direct Attached Storage and Storage Area Networks, and support for less expensive disks.
- A new high availability, disaster recovery and backup solution reduces the cost of delivering business continuity.
- Role-based access control, self-service capabilities, and web-based administration tools, allow you to delegate tasks to users without giving them full administrative rights.
- Calendar sharing allows users to share free/busy information with colleagues, even if they work at another location.
- Email archiving, eDiscovery Search, retention policies, and legal hold to help you preserve and discover data, keeping your data in regulatory compliance.
- Security policies let you create approved mobile device lists, enforce PIN lock, and remotely wipe data from lost phones.
Small to large corporations that need to implement a scalable email, calendar and contact system to allow users to access their information from anywhere across a wide variety of hardware platforms. Businesses that are using previous versions of Exchange are excellent candidates for upgrading to the latest version to improve their information accessibility and data protection.
- Documented client business requirements and expectations.
- Exchange design diagram, implementation roadmap, and, if applicable, a plan for migrating email, contact and scheduling information from an existing system to Exchange.
- Installation of Exchange Server and optional services to configure Outlook clients, smartphone access and Internet access.
- Migration of mailboxes and workstations to Exchange, if applicable.
- Half-day administrative knowledge transfer.
- As-built and best practices documentation.
Approximately 1- to 4-weeks planning and implementation.