Dynamics CRM Healthcheck
Microsoft Dynamics CRM ushers in a powerful platform that helps you increase your revenue potential—and customer efficiencies—by offering productivity applications that can transform how you and your customers do business.
To realize Dynamics CRM’s maximum potential for your business, you need a thorough understanding of how your business goals and operations can be fully mapped to Dynamics CRM’s capabilities.
ProServeIT can help you achieve that business to CRM link by performing a Dynamics CRM Healthcheck which analyzes and maps your business processes to Dynamics CRM’s capabilities.
The result is a full understanding of how you can leverage Dynamics CRM’s capabilities to their maximum extent to drive customer satisfaction and ultimately increase profitability.
- Gain an understanding of how your business objectives and practices can be mapped to Microsoft Dynamics CRM functionality to achieve the maximum business benefit.
- Learn how to leverage Dynamics CRM to improve your customer retention and gain new valued customers.
- Learn best practice methods to ensure Dynamics CRM aligns with your business goals and requirements.
- Maximize your staff efficiency and productivity.
Small to medium corporations that wish to determine how a CRM system such as Microsoft Dynamics CRM can become an integral tool in driving business strategy and success. These corporations may also wish to improve the adoption of CRM tools by their staffs, achieve process compliance to ensure consistent practices and expectations, reduce business risks and develop reliable methods and metrics to link incentives to business outcomes.
- An assessment of your Dynamics CRM solution and identification of any risks, issues and opportunities.
- A check of your Dynamics CRM system and recommendations for improvements in functionality and/or usage.
- An examination of how your business goals and requirements are mapped to Dynamics CRM and recommendations for improvement.
- A comprehensive Dynamics CRM Roadmap document is provided, prioritized on the actions that are recommended as “Must Do”, “Should Do” and “Could Do”.
Varies according to the size of the company and its business goals and requirements.