Consulting Services: Virtual CIO
You know your businesses – as least as well as anybody can. But if you’re honest with yourself, you’ll admit there are some blind spots. Is your IT department one of those blind spots?
Within your executive team and your IT managers, do you have somebody you can rely on as a chief information officer? A boardroom presence who understands how to lead IT and leverage the value it creates?
If you said “no,” you’re not alone. In the absence of a real CIO, many organizations rely on “pseudo-CIOs.”
To deliver the value of a CIO to companies that don’t have one, ProServeIT created its Virtual CIO service. A virtual CIO brings your company a qualified CIO to attend board meetings or strategic planning sessions for several days each year.
A virtual CIO:
- understands formal IT leadership and training
- has experience in several industries
- grasps "pure business" concerns
- creates a holistic view of the company's needs
- is a real CIO
A real CIO knows:
- that enterprise technologies need robust infrastructure to work properly
- that technologies go through life cycles that affect their usefulness
- that early adopters assume risks that not all businesses want to take
- where leaders want to take the business
- how to match technology and business direction
A real CIO:
- seeks links between different departments, problems and needs
- take steps to support that vision
- grasp the company’s technical needs
- translate those needs into numbers
- budgets effectively for IT